Locations > Clonakilty Distillery & The Whale’s Tail Bistro
Clonakilty Distillery is a new €10 million distillery that opened in March 2019, it is situated in the heart of West Cork on the Wild Atlantic Way.
• A circular shaped exhibition room with photography on the walls.
• Cinema room with seated area for 20 people with plush leather seats.
• In the distillery, an upper balcony area surrounded by large glass panelled windows with a breath-taking view of Clonakilty town.
• Looking down from the balcony area you will see three large dramatic copper pot stills surrounded by distilling equipment.
• In the Cask Room next door is a large Acai wood table surrounded by leather seats. Mini oak barrels are on display as well as whiskey bottles and a stainless-steel whale’s tail sculpture. The room has a retro feel to it.
• Next door to the cask room is a Gin Room, with grey toned décor, brass windows and doors. With a Café en Seine vibe, there is a U- shaped marble table, high chairs which over look through a glass window on to a large river flowing through the town of Clonakilty.
• The Speakeasy Bar is reminiscent of the 1930s prohibition era. There is an ambiance of timeless luxury.
• Finally down stairs is a large retail shop.
• Adjacent to the distillery is The Whale’s Tail Bistro, which seats up to 80 guests. It has large glass panelled windows and an open kitchen. Glistening chandeliers hang overhead.
• 10-minutes’ drive away, you will find our large Atlantic warehouse, complete with hundreds of barrels of whiskey. Dramatic scenery, next to the Galley Head Lighthouse.
Contact: Cliodhna Scully
Phone: 023-884 0635
Address: Clonakilty Distillery, The Waterfront, Clonakilty, Co. Cork, P85 YN36
Architectural / Bars / Commercial / Industrial / Heritage / Towns & Villages