Locations > Our Lady Crowned Parish Church
The design of the church is an open plan cone shaped building with the altar placed at the apex of the cone and the roof sloping towards the sanctuary. The church was opened for worship on June 10th, 1962.This ultra-modern style Church inconspicuously sited on a main arterial road is a real discovery. Monumental yet minimalist it is a real discovery. The design, use of light and space and the modernist stained glass windows are a real surprise on entering and are very impressive. Reminiscent of ‘Paddy’s Wigwam’ in Liverpool, this has the feel of a labour of love and truly from the people rather than an elitist shrine. A slightly sad confirmation of this is that the original developer bankrupted himself trying to finish it. It was worth it!
|Address||Church of our Lady Crowned, North Link, Cork|
|Telephone||+353 21 455 1276|