Locations > St. Peter’s & St. Paul’s Church
This church is a magnificent example of Neo-Gothic Architecture by A.W. Pugin. It was completed in 1868, replacing an earlier church built on the same site in 1786. Pugin had intended to have a spire erected but this was never built due to a lack of funds and a fear that the extra weight might cause the building to subside. Inside this beautiful church, one is confronted with dark wood, tall red marble pillars and some fine stained glass windows. The pulpit is made of Russian oak with figures carved in high relief. Squeezed in between modern buildings and adjacent to the trendy café area of Paul Street this church is a great contrast and reflects how Cork wears its history on its sleeve.
|Address||St Peter’s & Paul’s Church, Paul Street, Cork City, Ireland|
|Telephone||+353 21 427 6573|
|Contact||Dr Patrick A. McCarthy|