Film In Cork Short Film Award 2018
Film In Cork, through the support of the Arts Offices of Cork City & County Councils and in association with the Tomar Trust, is delighted to announce the launch of the 2018 Short Film Award. This funding initiative aims to foster creative and resourceful filmmaking in the Cork region.
We are looking for original, entertaining stories by talented filmmakers who – if selected – need to shoot the film in the city and/or county of Cork.
The award will be given to one successful project which will receive €8,000 towards the cost of production, along with support in terms of locations, production, mentoring and planning the film’s festival release strategy.
In order to be eligible for the award, applicants must have full legal rights to the material they are submitting.
Total Funding: €8,000
Script Deadline: 5pm, Fri 6th April 2018
Submission Fee: €15
Genre: Live Action Drama
Length: Up to 10 Pages (strict maximum)
Who Can Apply: Teams of Writers, Directors & Producers (minimum 2 person team)
Key Dates (see bottom of page for full info)
- Sun 25th February: Talk & ‘Speed Dating’ Session
- Fri 6th April: Script Submission Deadline
- Sat 5th May: Development Workshop & Feedback
- Thurs 21st June: Interview
How to submit:
What to submit:
Format: Only PDF submissions accepted.
- 2 x copies of script. One with just the title, and one with Title, Writer and contact details
- 2 copies of 1-page synopsis. One with just the title, and one with Title, Writer and contact details
Note: These can be 4 x separate PDFs or 1 x single PDF.
Sun 25th February : Talk & ‘Speed Dating’ Session
- Part I: An inspiring and frank talk/discussion by/with experienced filmmakers to explore what makes for a brilliant short as well as successful filmmaking teams.
- Part II: “Speed Dating Session” for writers to meet directors and producers in order to find suitable potential collaborators based on shared ideas and passions. This will be particularly useful for anyone early in their filmmaking career who wants to meet new people.
After this session, teams will have 6 weeks to submit a script (deadline Friday 6th April )
A panel of readers will select up to 15 scripts/teams to go forward to Day Two.
Please Note: In order to assist us with planning, we ask people to register in advance for the Speed-Dating Session by emailing email@example.com stating your name and primary role i.e. writer, director or producer. We welcome everyone with an interest in these areas so please do come along!
Sat 5th May: Development Workshop & Feedback
The shortlisted Teams (writer, director & producer) take part in an all-day Development session broken down into 2 parts.
- Morning focuses on the development process and how best to rewrite/rework scripts in order to really hone them to their essence.
- Lunch & afternoon, the readers meet with teams to give them feedback on their script and suggestions for moving forward with the project.
These shortlisted teams then have the option of submitting a reworked script three weeks later (deadline Friday 25th May) from which 3-5 will be selected for interview.
Thurs 21st June: Interview
- 3-5 teams interviewed.
- Winner selected.